Thursday, March 22, 2012

Response to Wreckage of Reason 2

I enjoy reading Wreckage of Reason because it is diverse and each story is short enough that if I don't like it much, its over soon.  :)  Out of this week's selections, I most liked You A Love WAR Story, part I.  I like the style of writing, it reminds me of a journal entry where someone is just writing whatever pops into their head.  The rest of the sections are different; letters between numerous people, notes, etc.  The whole story to me is just that of an unhappy relationship.  I found myself wondering why she didn't leave him if she no longer loved him.  Although the story has scattered parts, they do seem chronological.  Did she stay out guilt?  He is depressed and maybe she couldn't go.  Maybe they are married and divorce is too complicated.  I like this story but it actually made me really sad to read and I found my eyes watering, everyone just seems so complacent... at best.
I found Intuition to be an interesting, although disturbing, story.  Reading it, I found that I really wanted to know what was going to happen, but when I came across her recall of "the incident", I know I made a strange face at my book.  It bothers me how un-remorseful the speaker sounds as she recalls what she did.  It also offers no answers, her only explanation was that she was 17 and dealing with a death in the family.      I did like the style of writing though- again it seemed very personal and realistic.

1 comment: